Sea Smoke · Lapsang Souchong Black Tea & Dulse
Lapsang souchong (a traditional smoked Chinese tea) and dulse (a reddish-purple seaweed) combine for a smoky-sweet aroma and a rich, woodsy black tea flavor. Like camping by the ocean.
- Ingredients: lapsang souchong (smoked black tea), dulse (Palmaria palmata)
- Contains Caffeine
- Seaweed taste scale: Medium
- Made by Heritage Seaweed in Portland, ME
Brewing: Pour boiling water over 1tsp tea. Steep 5 minutes. Great plain or with milk.
Available in 2 sizes:
- 1.5 oz of loose-leaf tea in a labeled resealable retail bag (servings: 15–20 cups)
- 16 oz (1 lb) of loose-leaf tea in an unlabeled resealable bulk bag (servings: 175–200 cups)
Why seaweed tea? Because it's good for you! Seaweeds contain around 60 trace minerals that are vital to human health -- notably iodine, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium. What else is in there? Vitamins, plus omega-3 and omega-6, essential amino acids and antioxidants. Our teas are so full of good stuff, they've been described as "the bone broth of the ocean."
Allergy info: Seaweed can occasionally contain very tiny shell fragments. Blended in a facility that also processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts & soy.